Focusing exclusively on Tel Aviv, Daon knows not just the real estate market but the best kindergarten to send your children to, where to go out on a date & the best restaurant.
According to Barak Daon, owner of Daon Group Real Estate, there’s a simple reason why Tel Aviv recently took the top spot as the world’s most expensive city. “It’s beyond worth it,” he said, “it’s an amazing place. You’ve got the metropolitan bustle, white sandy beaches, beautiful architecture, night life, museums, history, parks, the best restaurants in the world, not to mention limitless professional opportunities. I could go on and on.”
Having grown up near Be’er Sheva, spending his school years in the US, and serving seven years as a Major in the IDF, Daon determined that the Non-Stop City was the only place for him when he was ready to settle down. “I was passionate about real estate, so besides all of the city’s other benefits, there was really no choice. The market is so complex and dynamic. It makes our jobs very interesting.”
Daon founded the agency five years ago with a single core mission: providing the most outstanding service in every aspect of the Tel Aviv real estate market. “The whole model of our company since the beginning has been 100% Tel Aviv. We’re connected to the leading lawyers, architects, mortgage brokers and bank managers—we have our finger on the pulse of the market,” Daon said, “most other major agencies have offices in other cities in the Center [of Israel] or even all over the country. Their attention is really scattered. Our focus is just Tel Aviv, and we constantly make it our goal to know it better than anyone.”
But the Daon team’s expertise is not limited to the real estate market. They’re also thoroughly knowledgeable about daily life—the places, events, and opportunities— that make Tel Aviv so vibrant. “We know all the ganim [nursery schools] and which shuls are Orthodox or Reform. We know people in the municipality, we’re involved in high tech, we’re aware of all the different nonprofits and causes, and we go to events in the city that have nothing to do with buying or selling property. This is what we love to do; it’s how we operate.”
Despite sharing a passion for Tel Aviv and a deep understanding of its real estate market, the fifteen agents on Daon’s team come from incredibly diverse backgrounds. Nine languages are spoken among them, and they include English speakers from the US, the UK, South Africa, and Australia, as well as French, Italian, Spanish, Dutch, Russian, Japanese and of course Hebrew speakers. This diversity comes in handy, according to Daon, since about 80% of his agency’s buying clientele don’t speak Hebrew at all and are purchasing either as “new Olim” or for investment purposes. His agents are there for them every step of the way, helping them navigate the market until they find their dream home or ideal investment, and then providing them individualized service managing the entire process until the client receives keys to their new home. Daon could not be prouder of them. “We don’t train agents,” he said, “we hire the best leading agents in Tel Aviv.” Tel Aviv homeowners and developers enjoy working with Daon’s team for their wide network, ability to market the property worldwide, and for providing a calm and expert negotiation to solve any obstacle during the process.
At any given time, Daon Group has 100 to 200 listings for new development properties either completed or under construction, as well as 30 to 50 second-hand apartments, in virtually every part of the city, but says Daon we specialize in the City Center, Lev Hair and the Old North, which according to Daon are simply the most desirable locations in Tel Aviv based on their proximity to the beach, parks and world renowned restaurants. c
Here are a few of Daon Group’s current listings in and around the Tel Aviv metropolitan area:
- A one-bedroom apartment at Frishman 18. First floor with elevator, 64 sq meters, can easily be converted to three rooms. Price: NIS 3.88 million.
- A two-bedroom apartment at Nissim Aloni 4, on the 14th floor of the W Prime Tower in the Park Tzameret neighborhood. This 98-sq-meter property includes a 12-sq-meter balcony as well as a fully equipped kitchen with island countertop, along with two underground parking spaces and a private storage unit. Price: NIS 5.2 million.
- A two-bedroom apartment at Lassalle 16 in Tel Aviv’s Old North. This 77-sq-meter property offers stunning views as well as a 72-sq-meter balcony, and it’s a short walk to the marina. Price: NIS 6.6 million.
- A five-room duplex penthouse at Bernstein Cohen 2 adjacent to Meir Garden. Located on the 4th and 5th floors, it covers 183 sq meters and even has a jacuzzi on the balcony. Price: NIS 9.1 million.
- A three-bedroom penthouse at Tsefat 8, in the heart of Tel Aviv and within walking distance to Dizengoff, Bograshov and the beach. The apartment itself measures 110 sq meters, has an 80-sq-meter balcony and comes with two parking spaces. Price: NIS 11 million.
- A 220-sq-meter, four-bedroom penthouse at Prague 1, in what Daon says is “arguably the best area and street in Tel Aviv.” This flat has two parking spots as well as an elevator to the 4th floor. Price: NIS 14 million.
Article By: TIMES OF ISRAEL
© 2022 THE TIMES OF ISRAEL, All Rights Reserved